Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Eno River Watershed Exploration. I am a graduate student at Virginia Tech who recently moved to Chapel Hill, NC with my wife from Jersey City, NJ. As I get more acquainted with our new home I'll be taking a deep dive into the Eno River Watershed. This blog is a project for class, but also a way for me to organize and share my discoveries of the natural history and composition of our local ecosystems. I've provided links to local parks and eBird hotspots as a way to connect directly with nature (I'll expand this sections as I become more familiar with the area!) Feel free to comment and ask questions about the area, I'll do my best to answer them.

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Hi all, This week our class is taking a look at the issue of invasive species. This topic is one of my primary interests in conservation and I've already talked about it some on this blog with the look at the issue of Hydrilla. I've created a power point on four additional invasive species that can be found in our area, and that a watchful eye should be kept out for. If these plants are seen, you can contact your local extension agent, or find more resources at the NC Invasive Plant Council. Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment