Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Eno River Watershed Exploration. I am a graduate student at Virginia Tech who recently moved to Chapel Hill, NC with my wife from Jersey City, NJ. As I get more acquainted with our new home I'll be taking a deep dive into the Eno River Watershed. This blog is a project for class, but also a way for me to organize and share my discoveries of the natural history and composition of our local ecosystems. I've provided links to local parks and eBird hotspots as a way to connect directly with nature (I'll expand this sections as I become more familiar with the area!) Feel free to comment and ask questions about the area, I'll do my best to answer them.

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Current drought conditions in Durham County

The Department of Environmental Quality has recently declared a moderate drought in Durham County due to the extremely dry conditions over the last few weeks. The National Weather Service isn't predicting any new precipitation for the next week, so I thought I would take a look at the changes in water flow on the Eno:

No comments:

Post a Comment